Wednesday, August 25, 2010

RJ of Las Vegas Shame on You

I am back early to put this article out and ask anyone who is connected with the Las Vegas Review-Journal whether on line or a subscriber to boycott their sites and newspaper. I have canceled everything.
Here was my comment to Steve Green.
"What is going on here? What's next? Students being sued for using articles to make their point when quoting sources in their research papers? This is a witch hunt. I have canceled my subscription to the LVR-J newspaper. I would like to post your article on my blog site and ask for a boycott of this newspaper.

Thank you for being on top of this. Freedom of speech? What happened to us?"

Sandi Vanthoff

From The Las Vegas Sun
“Consumer group offers help to defendants over R-J copyright suits
By Steve Green (contact)
Published Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2010 | 9:26 a.m.
Updated 8 minutes ago
The Electronic Frontier Foundation, an influential group that works to promote freedom of speech and consumer rights on the Internet nationwide, announced Wednesday it will try to help some of the defendants that have been sued by Righthaven LLC of Las Vegas for posting material online from the Las Vegas Review-Journal “ (Please go here to read the whole article)
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/aug/25/hepatitis-c-nonprofit-faces-copyright-suit-over-r-/

No comments:

Post a Comment